Thursday, April 10, 2014

Phil Mickelson OK with Masters play despite mistakes

041014-phil-bunker

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Phil Mickelson began his march toward a fourth green jacket Thursday with six consecutive pars in the first round of the Masters.

Then the roller coaster took off. Triple-bogey 7 on the par-4 seventh. A 50-footer for birdie on the 10th. Another birdie on 13. Bogey on 14. Double-bogey on 15. All en route to a 4-over 76 that left him eight shots off the lead.

"I actually played well," Mickelson said. "I know it's hard to say that, but I actually played well and I just made a lot of little mental errors. ... I've got a lot of work to do (today) just to make the cut. So I've got some issues."
Steve DiMeglio and Nancy Armour, USA TODAY Sports 11:11 p.m. EDT April 10, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment