Friday, October 11, 2013

Which athlete would be the best CEO? A new poll picks Peyton Manning and LeBron James.

(USA TODAY Sports)
Sports fans believe football players would make the best CEOs and they’d make Peyton Manning their top choice to run a company.

A poll conducted by executive recruiter Korn/Ferry asked 499 fans to identify the sports they believe would produce the top CEOs. American football was the clear No. 1, followed by golf, ultimate fighting, swimming and baseball.

Those aren’t bad (especially swimming), though I’d probably have the NBA somewhere on my top-five since basketball players are the best at marketing. Also, I’m not sure about ultimate fighting. Sure, they’re the toughest guys and gals around, but I don’t know that I’d trust many of them to work on my car at Jiffy Lube, let alone run a Fortune 500. (Though, granted, I could say the same thing about Ryan Lochte.)

When asked which NFL quarterback would make the best CEOs, the results were hardly surprising. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Eli Manning were the top-three vote getters. I’m with voters. Peyton would be my No. 1 choice in all of sports. Just think of how quickly boardroom meetings would go and how entertaining it’d be to listen to international conference calls as Peyton barks out audibles in six different languages. His brother is an inspired choice too, as he’d be the best CEO in a hostile takeover. You know, he’d just turn it right over. (Rimshot!)
By CHRIS CHASE –

No comments:

Post a Comment