Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel will be ready to play if, and when, the time comes this season.

DSC_0194

come down the road, but I need to earn everything. Nothing should be given to me, and I completely understand that. I need to continue to come in here every day, day-in and day-out and get better, get around these guys and continue to let them know who I am and how I am. That's all I can really do."

Manziel completed 14 of 27 passes for 128 yards and one touchdown without an interception, and rushed for another 26 yards on seven carries through the Browns' first two preseason games, but he believes it was what did not happen against Washington on Monday that cost him the most.

Manziel completed seven of 16 attempts for 65 yards with a touchdown, but took three sacks, and was unable to move the football consistently in the first half of play.

"I feel like if I would've come out and played better, it would've been a different outcome," Manziel said. "I don't think I've played terrible, but I didn't do anything to really jump off the page. I think I made strides and got better throughout training camp, and that's what I wanted to do. It's disappointing, but at the same time, I want what's best for this team moving forward, and I'm going to continue to come out here every day and give it my all and continue to get better as a quarterback. That's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment